Thursday, February 7, 2013

Arthritis Walk: Ways To Participate

We are getting closer to the 2013 Cleveland Arthritis Walk! This years walk is May 4th at 9 am at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.  Walkers walk for friends or family members with arthritis or themselves. 
So you want to participate in the Arthritis Walk but are unsure how?  There are several ways you can help!
  • Join My Team!  You can join Team You Are Not Alone and raise funds for the Arthritis Foundation.  Click here to join!  
  • Donate to my walk campaign!  You can make a donation to my walk fundraising campaign here!
  • Create a virtual campaign!  If you cannot participate in my walk (or one closer to you), join my team and get friends to donate to your virtual campaign to raise funds!
  • Post my walk fundraising campaign to your friends and get them to donate!
Why participate in the walk?  With many forms of arthritis, odds are you know someone with some form.  If you think you don't, my name is Denise and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  The Arthritis Walks are one of the biggest ways that the Arthritis Foundation raises money for research and outreach programs.  Even if you do not have arthritis, you could be helping yourself in the future!
Join my team, donate, fund raise; be a part of this event!
I'd also like to thank those who donated last year and  helped me reach my goal:



Arthritis Facts from the Arthritis Foundation:
  • Fifty million Americans or one in five adults plus nearly 300,000 children have some form of doctor diagnosed arthritis.
  • Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems and the most common cause of disability.
  • Arthritis limits everyday activities such as walking, dressing and bathing for millions of Americans.
  • Arthritis results in 39 million physician visits and more than a half million hospitalizations.
  • Arthritis costs the U.S. economy nearly $128 billion annually.
  • Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly 300,000 children.
  • The risk of arthritis increases with age and is more common among women than men.
  • Arthritis refers to more than 100 different diseases that affect areas in or around joints.
  • Based on NHIS data, approximately 67 million people age 18 or older will have doctor-diagnosed arthritis by 2030.

No comments:

Post a Comment