So you want to participate in the Arthritis Walk but are unsure how? There are several ways you can help!
- Join My Team! You can join Team You Are Not Alone and raise funds for the Arthritis Foundation. Click here to join!
- Donate to my walk campaign! You can make a donation to my walk fundraising campaign here!
- Create a virtual campaign! If you cannot participate in my walk (or one closer to you), join my team and get friends to donate to your virtual campaign to raise funds!
- Post my walk fundraising campaign to your friends and get them to donate!
Join my team, donate, fund raise; be a part of this event!
I'd also like to thank those who donated last year and helped me reach my goal:
Arthritis Facts from the Arthritis Foundation:
- Fifty million Americans or one in five adults plus nearly 300,000 children have some form of doctor diagnosed arthritis.
- Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems and the most common cause of disability.
- Arthritis limits everyday activities such as walking, dressing and bathing for millions of Americans.
- Arthritis results in 39 million physician visits and more than a half million hospitalizations.
- Arthritis costs the U.S. economy nearly $128 billion annually.
- Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly 300,000 children.
- The risk of arthritis increases with age and is more common among women than men.
- Arthritis refers to more than 100 different diseases that affect areas in or around joints.
- Based on NHIS data, approximately 67 million people age 18 or older will have doctor-diagnosed arthritis by 2030.