Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Another Day, Another Headache...

Being in the hospital on the video monitoring has been the only time that I have had my seizures really seen by other people.  I was on video 24/7 so you can see that something was going on but for some reason they just don't seem to happen when other people are around.  Maybe my non-epileptic seizures are shy.   Today they came out to play at a perfect time.

I had a follow up appointment with my neurologist this morning.  My appointment was fine until it was time to leave.  I ended up really dizzy.  Most of the rest of the story probably could have been avoided if I wouldn't have been such a pain in the butt and not refused the wheelchair offered to me.   I know that the dizzy feeling the way I have it is sign that usually I will lose feeling.  I was just hoping that I would been the car by that point. 

I only made it a few steps outside my doctor's office and had to sit on the floor.  So here I am, sitting on the floor of the hallway, still in the office with my doctor and another staff member sitting with me.  And what conversation do we get on?  PBR of course.  The conversation is kind of foggy but I know we were talking about Columbus and the Ford Invasion shoot.  I was still talking and felt like I could get up.  The next thing I know, I am laying flat on the ground with my doctor videoing me asking me questions.  Stupid seizures grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Note to self: Next time, take the darn wheelchair the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment