Facts about Arthritis from the Arthritis Foundation:
- Arthritis refers to more than 100 different diseases that affect areas in or around joints.
- Fifty million Americans or one in five adults plus nearly 300,000 children have some form of doctor diagnosed arthritis.
- Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems and the most common cause of disability.
- Arthritis limits everyday activities such as walking, dressing and bathing for millions of Americans.
- Arthritis results in 39 million physician visits and more than a half million hospitalizations.
- Arthritis costs the U.S. economy nearly $128 billion annually.
- Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly 300,000 children.
- The risk of arthritis increases with age and is more common among women than men.
Donations to the Arthritis Foundation allows them to fund vital arthritis research and education programs. Each donation helps to get closer to the discovery of more advanced treatments -- which help you and your loved ones battle this disabling disease.
The Arthritis Walks are a part of the fundraising effort! I will be walking at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo on Saturday, May 5th at 9 am. Join my team or if you cannot make it, make a donation to my Arthritis Walk Fundraising Page. I am just $25 away from my fundraising goal of $250!
Also in coming in May is World Autoimmune Arthritis Day hosted by the International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement! On May 20th, there will be a 47 hour online event to raise awareness for Autoimmune Arthritis Diseases.