Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dear Arthur (My Breakup Letter to RA)

Dear Arthur,

I just don't think that we are getting along well enough and I think we should stop seeing each other.

I am sure you are very nice to people who don't deal with you on a daily basis.  They think you are nothing more than a mild annoyance or some pain.  To me, you are a pain in my butt.  I am 33 and you make me feel like I have been living for a hundred years. 

These are the main reasons that I feel we can no longer even be friends:

  • You let me feel like I can do things that people my age can on rare occasions only to make me pay for it later. 
  • You make me take forever to get out of bed in the morning.
  • You give me days when I need to use the cane or walker, which always gets me at least one stare and "What's wrong with you?" comment.
  • You destroy relationships with other people who don't understand the constant turning down invitations to do things or canceling at the last minute.
  • You cause symptoms that aren't always noticeable which makes people think I am losing my mind.
You, my dear Arthur, are a nuisance.  I am sick of swallowing at least 200 pills and injecting one medicine each week just to maintain the level I am at currently.  This count doesn't include your tantrum flares which add even more medications. 

Arthur you are the worst relationship I have ever been in and I am broken down from dealing with you daily.  I am tired of you!

Go away!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment